Title: Maintenance Tech
Job Description: 1. Plumbing: includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, hot water tanks, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
2. Electrical: includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, and garage door openers.
3. Drywall repair: includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tear most commonly performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy. Also will include any larger holes made by resident abuse.
4. Painting: includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy. Also will include full paint of units that have been deemed by management to need it.
5. Appliance repair: includes the repair, replacement or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, and hot water tanks.
6. Grounds keeping: includes picking up trash weekly or more often if needed, pulling weeds, trimming and pruning trees and shrubs, watering lawns and plants, replacing light bulbs along pathways and parking areas, sweeping and tidying up mulch or other ground covering.
7. Cleaning/housekeeping: includes maintaining a tidy appearance in shared community locations, such as the leasing office lobby, laundry areas, maintenance office and storage closet.
8. Snow removal: includes shoveling, blowing or plowing snow away from walkways and driveways, and spreading salt atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping.
9. Customer service: includes professional, prompt and courteous correspondence with renters when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services.
10. Time management: includes maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, usually on paper forms, to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency.
11 Check in and out with managers on a daily basis to e